Berean Research, Pulpit and Pen, CARM, Berean Beacon, Pirate Christian, Berean Bacon, and many other Christian discernment blogs blessed Evangelicals bountifully in 2016 with extensive, all-caps diatribes against the heretics and charlatans. Who can forget the time Chris Rosebrough from piratechristian.com put Steven Furtick on blast for changing his monocle eight different times during his inscrutable sermon, “Spelunking and the New You”? We all remember JD Hall colorfully criticizing Joseph Prince by slowly upsetting a shopping cart full of velcro shoes on Facebook Live. Discernment Blogs did yeoman’s work in 2016, but here are five stories discernment bloggers should really keep an eye on this year:
1. Will Evangelical Pope Russell Moore finally use one of his five Papal Pardons in 2017?
He’s got all those pardons — will he use them on serial plagiarist Mark Driscoll or womanizer Clayton Jennings?
2. Does anyone actually have proof that Dr. James White rides a bike?
We need some old-school reporting on these claims.
3. Which seeker-friendly church will finally start a satellite church for one of its satellite churches and put this arms-race to bed.
Our money’s on Andy Stanley.
4. Someone find out if we’re all gonna’ die in 2017 or if this will be the “The Best Year Ever.”
Seriously though, should we spend all our money on Jim Bakker’s slop-rations or is this woman legit:
5. Are chop-sticks the perfect metaphor for the Trinity?
We have a hunch that they aren’t but someone should at least test this theory out.